Yes, the day finally came. It's Tuesday morning and Jack came home on Friday morning around 11 AM. It was a joyous day filled with so much happiness for all our family. I do believe that Madeline appreciates him being home so much more than I could have even imagined. She is IN LOVE with her brother. It's incredibly sweet and brings so much warmth to my heart. As for Jack and his progress, he is doing great. As inpatient as I was and how badly I wanted him home, I certainly learned that Children's would not allow him to be discharged until they were 100% sure that he was ready to be at home with us. That has been the case. We haven't had any scares since we have been on our own without monitors, doctors,nurses, or respiratory therapists within an arm's reach. He has his days and nights a bit confused so we are working on that, but it's hard to work on that with a baby who still REALLY likes to sleep. Of course, the past 4 nights he seems most awake around 1 AM. I must say, I AM NOT complaining.....I am just so happy that he is home. I am glad to sit with him awake rather than having to make our nightly phone call in the wee hours of the morning to get an update....now I can just walk in his room and stare at his beautiful face, cuddle with him, or just kiss him endlessly! As for sleeping in our room....that didn't last....Jack grunts like crazy through the night so we decided that at least 1 of us needs to sleep. Don't let that fool you though....we are both still very sleep deprived. After spending so much time at the hospital for the past month, we are physically and emotionally drained, and with adjusting to him at home we are trying to catch up but that will take time.
We continue to thank the Lord for all that he has done for our family, especially Jack. We wondered each day how we would get through it, and you just manage, but we were able to do that by the grace of God and all of the prayers that you have all sent for us. We really cannot thank you enough. We continue to pray for Jack everyday, and for all of the other 58 kids in the Cincinnati Children's NICU, and for all the sick babies and people in this world. May God bless each of you with good health.
Enjoy the pictures of our little munchkins!
It is so nice to know that Jack has joined the family at home..... and of course, Big Sister Madeline can have fun enjoying little Jack.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful birthday gift and Christmas gift for everyone!
Congratulations!!!! Such a blessing!!!! Enjoy both of your blessing's and being a family!
ReplyDelete