After driving to the hospital for the past 24 days I can say that I am so over the drive to downtown Cincinnati from the "burbs" and never wish to be a Big Wig working in a downtown office! Traffic always stinks and I am convinced that the BMV has just given licenses to whoever walks through their doors! And don't get me started on the people that don't know how to drive in parking garages! Anyhow...on to our little guy Jack!
We are SO HAPPY to announce that Madeline will finally get to have a brother in the house with her starting TOMORROW! The Dr.'s have all confirmed that he is COMING HOME ON FRIDAY ! I was there today when they did their 24 hour discharge head-to-toe exam and Jack passed all parts. I must say that it felt so good to see a Dr. working with Jack in a calm state with no concern. We finally feel like he can be a "normal" baby. We have certainly learned how easy Madeline was bringing her home from the hospital in comparison to Jack, and we appreciate that now more than we ever did. These past 25 days in the NICU have been trying, exhausting, and emotional.....to name a few. We all realize how important the final trimester is while your pregnant, after having a son that missed out on almost half of it I was able to see just how important it was. The little things that he would have been doing while I was pregnant were so laboring for him to do out here on his own without my support. We are thankful for the Dr.'s, nurses, respiratory therapists, occupational therapists, dieticians and anyone else that may have had a hand in healing Jack at Cincinnati Children's. We certainly feel like we have been blessed.
A note to all of you reading this, THANK YOU! I will be sure to post pictures of our family in our home. These seem so long overdue for Steve and I, but here we are and Jack is doing amazing. I will continue to let you know how Jack is doing. I am convinced that he will thrive at home. The nurses are sad to see him go because they love his low-key personality and cute facial expressions, but pictures will have to work for them......he is ALL OURS NOW!
Blessings and good health to all of you!
Love,
Steve, Lorraine, Madeline and Jack Hartke
No comments:
Post a Comment