Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

Well, nothing major has changed.  Jack continues to sleep, sleep, sleep.  It certainly seems to be his favorite past time....and quite honestly....something that is driving me crazy.  As I admit that I am a control freak, not being able to control this situation has made me lose sleep.  No matter how much someone says that you need to sleep, it seems that it gets harder and harder each day, even though he is doing so much better, that he isn't home with us.  The Dr.'s continue to remind Steve and I that this is all on Jack's terms.  No one can say or even guess when babies get their light bulb moment, but we are ready for him to have his light bulb moment. 

As for some side notes, Jack's weight is now 2790 grams.  Yes, the hospital does everything in grams and milliliters.....and now we are used to using those units.  This past week Jack has been consistently losing weight, so the Dr.'s increased his calories to 24 KCal per ounce.  They briefly talked about increasing him to 26 KCal, but the nutritionist convinced the Dr. to hold off on that and give Jack one more day on the 24 KCal.  Last night he officially had a weight gain.  Of course this made us happy.  We hope he continues with this and makes it an upward trend.

We cannot even express our gratitude to those that have supported us in SO MANY ways.  We continue to be amazed and overwhelmed with the support.  I want to personally thank my friends at work who have made sure that our family is eating a healthy, well-balanced diet.  You are all incredible. 

This has all certainly taken a toll on all of us and we are exhausted, but again, you make each day work and figure it out.  We appreciate your prayers and we continue to pray that Jack finds the urge to wake up and eat...literally.  The small things in life that make us happy.  We continue to dream about our family being together again in our home....we hope it's sooner rather than later.  It seems that the tears that I cry each night help me with this whole process of not having my baby home with the rest of us, but I also appreciate that Jack's issues are no longer life threatening and that we have made a lot of progress. 

Sorry I haven't been updating more frequently.....

Until next time...pray for our little guy to find interest in food, to gain weight and to wake up and want to eat.

May God bless all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment